Athletes’ workout 5-6 times per week. But as a beginner you need to slowly grow stronger and bigger. As a beginner you need more recovery.
· Rest. Muscles grow when you rest, not when you work out. Focus on intensity and not gym time.
· Sleep. Growth hormone releases when you sleep, building muscle. Aim for 8 hours sleep.
· Drink Water. Avoids dehydration and helps muscle recovery. Drink 2 cups water with each meal.
· Eat Whole Foods. You'll achieve a lower body fat, so the muscles you've built show better. And the vitamin & mineral content helps recovery..
· Proteins. Meat, poultry, fish, eggs and milk
· Carbs. Brown rice, oats, whole grain and pasta
· Veggies. Spinach, broccoli, tomato, salad and carrot
· Fruits. Banana, orange, apple, pineapple and peers
· Fats. Olive oil, fish oil, real butter, nuts, flax seeds etc.